"The volunteers were amazing."
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Announcing the Marathon Club Competition Results
Congratulations to all of the runners that participated in the club competition at the Vermont City Marathon!
First place goes to the Green Mountain Athletic Association, second place to Muskoka Algonquin Runners and third place to Greater Lowell Road Runners.
Here is the link to results if you want to see how your team stacked up:
Marathon Club Competition
● The Marathon Club Competition scoring was cross country based; Top 5 finishers from each club score, #6 and #7 finishers will displace. All registered clubs with at least 5 finishers were scored.
● For the first year of this program, genders as well as Open and Masters Athletes were combined for the purpose of scoring.
● First Place Team was awarded $500
● Second Place Team was awarded $300
● Third Place Team was awarded $200
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Marathon Club Competition Results
Marathon Club Competition
New for 2014, KeyBank Vermont City Marathon has created a Club Competition. This program will create an extra level of excitement to an already great race. Our goal for the program is to bring the top club runners from around the country to compete on a fast and scenic course. We also want to increase the level of support and fun for all of you who compete with a running club. We look forward to expanding the program in 2015.
● To register for the Marathon Club Competition, choose the club you are affiliated with from the drop- down menu provided when you register.
● If you did not register with a club affiliation at the time of registration and wish to do so, please e-mail Jen Savas at email@example.com before May 1, 2014.
● If your club is not on our list, please select “Other” and write your club’s name in. Clubs may be registered with USATF, RRCA, Athletics Canada, USA Triathlon, any other party, or it may be a less formal club of you and your friends who regularly run together. If you consider yourself part of a running club we welcome you into this program!
● The Marathon Club Competition scoring will be cross country based; Top 5 finishers from each club score, #6 and #7 finishers will displace. All registered clubs with at least 5 finishers will be scored.
● For the first year of this program, genders as well as Open and Masters Athletes are combined for the purpose of scoring.
● First Place Team is awarded $500
● Second Place Team is awarded $300
● Third Place Team is awarded $200
We are working on making the marathon results official. As soon as we feel ready, we will release the preliminary club competition results for review. There will be a set period in which a club spokesperson can challenge the results. We will review and then announce the Marathon Club Winners.
Additional details will be added as we work them out. If you have questions about the program please e-mail Joe Connelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 26, 2014
Superb images on Burlington Free Press Photo Gallery
Superb images on Burlington Free Press Photo Gallery here
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Six Time Women's Champion Pulls out of Marathon
Heidi Westover, the women's course record-holder and winner of six KeyBank Vermont City Marathon titles, including last year's 25th anniversary addition, has pulled out of Sunday's race. Read the full story here.
Friday, May 2, 2014
KeyBank Vermont City Marathon joins forces with CSWD to Go Green!
CSWD Seeks Waste Warriors
Are you a rampant recycler? Do you carry your banana peel
home when you can’t find a compost bin? Are you on a mission to reduce waste
and spread good fun in the process?
Then we want you! We’re looking for friendly,
enthusiastic, volunteer Waste Warriors to spread our waste reduction mission at
Chittenden County events.
Responsibilities could include helping event attendees know
what goes where at a recycling/compost/trash station. Or maybe you’ll staff a
booth at an event and hand out information to passers-by. Or you might even
create your own spectacle to draw attention to reducing, reusing, recycling,
and composting. There are endless ways a CSWD Waste Warrior can pitch in!
Your Waste Warrior opportunity starts NOW—well, on May 25th
at the always rockin’ KeyBank Vermont City Marathon. Here’s a great opportunity
to cheer for your friends and neighbors AND help make this event as green as it
If you volunteer as a CSWD Waste Warrior, you get special
training, a Waste Warrior team bandanna, and that special feeling that comes
with helping your community become a cleaner, greener place.
CONTACT John Powell: email@example.com
for more information on becoming a CSWD Waste Warrior for the marathon and/or
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Hoka One One Registration Winners
Our Hoka One One Registration Raffle Winners for this week are Kari Berg and Chris Tweedy. They have each won a pair of Hoka Conquest running shoes!
View Event News Archive