"Absolutely wonderful!!!Organization was excellent. The volunteers went over the top in all aspects. I felt safe, well protected and monitored at all times"
2013 Registration Open Date
November 1, 2012 6:00am EST
2013 Fee Schedule
$85 (November 1, 2012 - November 30, 2012)
$95 (December 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013)
$99 (February 1, 2013 - April 30, 2013)
$115 (May 1, 2013 - May 25, 2013)
Additional $15 fee applies for paper registration. Paper registrations may be mailed or hand-delivered; we do NOT accept applications via fax.
Registration Fee Includes:
● Made in the USA short-sleeve tech shirts (women's and unisex sizing)
● Personalized bib (must register by April 22)
● Marathon Timing by ChronoTrack
● Professional photo service by ASI
● Food Tent sponsored by Hannaford in
● Finisher’s medal
● Professional post-race massage
● Secured gear check
● Pace Teams
● Preferred start corral for qualified Marathoners
● Traffic control for 6 hours
● Post-race showers at the YMCA (4 blocks away)
● Over 1,700 energetic volunteers to support you
and cheer you on!
Your processed credit card/canceled check is proof of your confirmed entry. You can also confirm your entry here.
Your entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Runner & Guest Handbook
Download the complete handbook, including course map
RunVermont sponsors an energetic Invited Runners Program for the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon.
Run for Charity
Learn about our “Miles for a Mission” program and raise money for charity.
Registered Runner’s List
2013 list available November 1, 2012
Race Packet Pick-Up
Click here for more information on where to pick up your race packet.
Policies (Deferral, Participation, Transfer)
Your registration for the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon is non-refundable. However, if you have registered but find you are unable to participate you may choose to defer your entry to 2014. Please read the policy details below:
- Deferrals are allowed from the date of registration through April 22, 2013. No deferrals allowed after April 22, 2013; the ONLY exception is for military personnel.
- Entrant may defer for any reason.
- The request for a deferral is final and may not be reversed.
- Deferral is good for one year only.
- Deferrals may not be transferred to another runner.
- Deferrals may be used for entry into the KBVCM Marathon only. Deferrals may not be used for the KBVCM Relay or any other RunVermont-produced event.
- An entrant with a deferral will receive a 40% discount on their 2014 KBVCM registration fee. There is NO REFUND for the 2013 entry fee. Deferral for deployed military personnel will be provided with no additional entry fee for 2014.
- Please click here to defer your marathon entry. It may initially appear that you are re-registering; keep going! Make sure to click all the way through the registration process until you land back on the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon website. You are not deferred until you receive a confirmation email from ChronoTrack.
- You will NOT be automatically entered in the 2014 event, please look for an email from RunVermont with registration information and a coupon code for your discounted fee.
- With your first and last name and the email you registered with, you can confirm your deferral here.
- All runners must stay on the designated race course.
- Participants must finish within 6 hours and keep to a sub 13:45 minute pace per mile.
- Bikes, rollerblades, strollers, dogs and skateboards are not allowed on the course.
- Headphones are not prohibited, but are strongly discouraged.
- The marathon is sanctioned and certified by USATF (Course certification #VT11006RF).
Bandit/Bib Transfer Policy
- RunVermont events are organized under and conducted according to USATF and RRCA rules.
- Anyone who participates in an event produced by RunVermont must be properly registered and must have paid any required registration fees prior to the start of the race.
- Entrants in RunVermont events will be given a race bib for scoring purposes and to aid course officials in identifying legitimate participants during the event.
- Bibs may not be transferred from a registered participant to any other person. A registered runner who provides their bib to another runner will also be treated as an unregistered runner and subject to the sanctions described here.
- For KBVCM Relay Participants only, the transfer of relay team ownership is permissible, as long as the transfer is conducted in the manner prescribed on the official KBVCM website.
- Individuals who participate in any RunVermont event without registering will be removed from the race.
- RunVermont reserves the right to bar unregistered participants from future RunVermont events.
- Unregistered individuals participating in RunVermont events may also be subject to additional sanctions from USATF and/or RRCA.
- Additional sanctions may be taken including prosecution for theft of services.